Six Degrees (October 2018-June 2019)
This program uses music, narration, and video, to educate communities how climate change threatens our survival and how green alternatives, renewables, and sustainability can address these dangers. The title refers to the rise in world temperatures of six degrees Celsius that would imperil life on our planet, and also to the “six degrees of separation” that connect all of humanity. Because all six inhabited continents are ravaged by climate change, the program includes songs from across the globe, concluding with a celebration of nature in balance.
- ♿ Thursday, April 25, 2019, 6:00pm, First Congregational Church, 3598 Main St, Manchester VT 05255 – with participation by students from Maple Street School and Burr & Burton Academy. $15 at the door or $10 in advance at the Northshire Bookstore.
- ♿ Sunday, April 28, 2019, 3:00pm, Unitarian Church, 130 Main St, Montpelier VT 05602 – part of fundraiser for the Monteverdi Music School. $20 adults, $15 students seniors, free for children under 10. Click here for more information.
- ♿ Thursday, May 23, 2019, 7:00pm, Town Hall Theater, 75 Town Common Rd, Fairlee VT 05045 – with participation by local schoolchildren. $20 adults, $10 students. Click here for more information.
- ♿ Sunday, July 14, 2019, 4:00pm, The Church on the Hill, 37 Lawrence Hill Rd, Weston VT 05161. $5 at the door, free for children under 12. Click here for more information.
Vermont Sings for Peace XII (September 21, 2019)
- ♿ Saturday, September 28, 2019, at 7:30pm. The Chapel of Saint Michael the Archangel, Saint Michael’s College, Colchester VT 05439
The annual festival bringing together local choruses singing songs of peace and justice.
Counterpoint and the Vermont Symphony Orchestra Brass Quintet (December 18-22, 2019)
- ♿ Wednesday, December 18 at 7:30pm, The Warren United Church, Warren VT 05674
- ♿ Friday, December 20 at 7:30pm, United Church of Newport, 63 Third St, Newport VT 05855
- ♿ Saturday, December 21 at 5:00pm, The White Church, 55 Main St, Grafton VT 05146
- ♿ Sunday, December 22 at 4:00pm, First Congregational Church, 3624 Main St, Manchester VT 05254
Guest conductor Kevin Quigley leads the singers and brass players in this favorite seasonal tour.