Christmas with Counterpoint & the St. Michael’s College Chorus
- Fri Dec 8, 2017, 7:30 pm, St. Michael’s College Chapel of the Archangel, Colchester, VT
Admission to this concert is free.
Counterpoint joins the St. Michael’s College Chorus in a program of beautiful holiday pieces from the sacred and secular traditions. Join us to get in the holiday spirit!
Christmas with Counterpoint & the Vermont Symphony Orchestra Brass Quintet
- Wed Dec 13, 2017, 7:30 pm, Warren United Church, Warren, VT
- Fri Dec 15, 2017, 7:30 pm, Newport Congregational Church, Newport, VT
- Sat Dec 16, 2017, 5:00 pm,Grafton White Church, Grafton, VT
- Sun Dec 17, 2017, 4:00 pm, First Congregational Church, Manchester, VT
Additional information can be found on the VSO website here.
Counterpoint joins forces with the VSO Brass Quintet to ring in the holidays in style! The program includes traditional favorites, a singalong, a brand-new student composition, and a bit of silliness from PDQ Bach and Tom Lehrer. Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on this seasonal treat—a perfect blend of brass, voices, and good cheer!
First Night Burlington
- Sun Dec 31, 2017, 7:00 pm, First United Methodist Church, Burlington, VT
Additional information about tickets and the First Night Burlington event can be found here.
We invite you to celebrate the New Year with us! Our program includes traditional favorites, as well as stunning renditions of Poulenc’s Agnus Dei and Part’s Da pacem Domine, and an audience sing-a-long. We hope you’ll join us for this seasonal treat—a perfect blend of voices and good cheer!
with the Vermont Concert Artists Chorus, directed by Jessie Pierrepont
- Sat Feb 24, 2018, 7:00 pm, Unitarian Church, Montpelier, VT
- Sun Feb 25 2018, 7:00 pm, St. Thomas, Hanover, NH
Additional information about tickets and more coming soon.
This masterpiece in D minor was composed between 1887-1890 and is the setting of the shortened Catholic Mass for the Dead in Latin. Its focus is on eternal rest and consolation. This is considered to be one of Fauré’s greatest works. Counterpoint will join the Vermont Concert Artists Chorus under the direction of Jessie Pierrepont to perform this seven-movement work for chorus, orchestra, organ and soloists. Soloists Allison Devery, soprano and Kevin Quigley, baritone will be featured in this work.