Vermont Sings for Peace XII (September 28, 2019)
Our annual festival bringing together local choruses singing songs of peace and justice. This year we welcome Aurora Chamber Singers, The Saint Michael’s College Chorale, Wrensong, and Zenith Ensemble.
- ♿ Saturday, September 28, 2019 at 7:30pm. The Chapel of Saint Michael the Archangel, Saint Michael’s College, Colchester VT 05439
Counterpoint and the Vermont Symphony Orchestra Brass Quintet (December 18-22, 2019)
Guest conductor Kevin Quigley leads the singers and brass players in this favorite seasonal tour.
- ♿ Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 7:30pm, The Warren United Church, Warren VT 05674
- ♿ Friday, December 20, 2019 at 7:30pm, United Church of Newport, 63 Third St, Newport VT 05855
- ♿ Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 5:00pm, The White Church, 55 Main St, Grafton VT 05146
- ♿ Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 4:00pm, First Congregational Church, 3624 Main St, Manchester VT 05254
Tintinnabulations (March 27-29, 2020)
Counterpoint joins with two pianists and two percussionists for a concert featuring Eric Ewazen’s stirring setting of Edgar Allen Poe’s poem The Bells, Leonard Bernstein’s Missa Brevis, and Igor Stravinsky’s Symphony of Psalms, one of the greatest choral works of the twentieth century.
- ♿ Friday, March 27, 2020 at 7:30pm, The McCarthy Arts Center, Saint Michael’s College, Colchester VT, 05439
- ♿ Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 7:30pm, First Congregational Church, 3624 Main St, Manchester VT 05254
- Sunday, March 29, 2020 – time and venue TBA
Pro Sanctis Feminis (July, 2020)
Works by Sulpitia Cesis, Jennifer Fowler, Joan Szymko, Tomas Luis de Victoria, Benjamin Britten, and Leonard Bernstein, all honoring female saints and religious women.
Check back for dates and venues!