Vermont Sings for Peace XII (September 28, 2019)
Our annual festival bringing together local choruses singing songs of peace and justice. This year we welcome Aurora Chamber Singers, The Saint Michael’s College Chorale, Wrensong, and Zenith Ensemble.
- ♿ Saturday, September 28, 2019 at 7:30pm. The Chapel of Saint Michael the Archangel, Saint Michael’s College, Colchester VT 05439
Counterpoint and the Vermont Symphony Orchestra Brass Quintet (December 18-22, 2019)
The VSO Brass Quintet joins forces with Counterpoint, this year guest-conducted by Kevin Quigley, to ring in the holidays in style. Selections range from a brass arrangement of a Bach chorale and majestic Poulenc motets to popular tunes like “Sleigh Ride,” “Let It Snow,” and “All I Want for Christmas Is You.” The program also includes a carol singalong, a brand-new student composition, and traditional favorites by Robert De Cormier. Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on this seasonal treat—a perfect blend of brass, voices, and good cheer.
Ticket information available at https://www.vso.org/events/
- ♿ Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 7:30pm, The Warren United Church, Warren VT 05674
- ♿ Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 7:30pm, Artistree’s Grange Theater, South Pomfret VT 05067
- ♿ Friday, December 20, 2019 at 7:30pm, United Church of Newport, 63 Third St, Newport VT 05855
- ♿ Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 5:00pm, The White Church, 55 Main St, Grafton VT 05146
- ♿ Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 4:00pm, First Congregational Church, 3624 Main St, Manchester VT 05254
Tintinnabulations (March 27-29, 2020)
Counterpoint joins with pianists Samantha Angstman and Alison Cerutti and percussionists Nicola Cannizzaro and Thomas Toner for a concert featuring Eric Ewazen’s stirring setting of Edgar Allen Poe’s poem The Bells, Leonard Bernstein’s thrilling Missa Brevis, and Igor Stravinsky’s Symphony of Psalms, one of the greatest choral works of the twentieth century.
- ♿ Friday, March 27, 2020 at 7:30pm, The McCarthy Arts Center, Saint Michael’s College, Colchester VT, 05439
- ♿ Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 7:30pm, First Congregational Church, 3624 Main St, Manchester VT 05254
- Sunday, March 29, 2020 – time and venue TBA
Pro Sanctis Feminis (Summer, 2020)
Works by Sulpitia Cesis, Jennifer Fowler, Joan Szymko, Tomas Luis de Victoria, Benjamin Britten, and Leonard Bernstein, all honoring female saints and religious women.
Check back for dates and venues!