Turn the World Around
A celebration of a cappella folksongs and the Great American Songbook, featuring both new works and classic Robert De Cormier arrangements from Counterpoint’s early years.
- Sunday, September 10, 4:00, Old Parish Church, Weston – $5 general admission
Tickets available at the door.
You can also hear selections from this concert at these two events:
- Sunday, September 17, 3:00, University of Vermont Recital Hall – fundraiser for flood relief
- Saturday October 21, 7:30, First Unitarian Universalist Church of Burlington – 10th Anniversary concert for Solaris Vocal Ensemble
Joint Concert with the Saint Michael’s College Singers
Counterpoint joins the student singers at Saint Michael’s College for a free concert featuring Christmastime favorites and seasonal songs.
- Wednesday, December 13, 7:00pm, McCarthy Arts Center Recital Hall, Colchester
Christmas with Counterpoint and the VSO Brass Quintet
A holiday tradition, in villages and towns around the Green Mountain State. As always, a mix of classic and popular Christmas songs, new works, and seasonal favorites.
- Thursday, December 14, 7:30pm, United Church, Warren
- Friday, December 15, 7:30pm, United Church, Newport
- Saturday, December 16, 4:00pm, The White Church, Grafton
- Sunday, December 17, 5:00pm, First Congregational Church, Manchester
Ticket information at vso.org.
Counterpoint returns to the Vermont Statehouse in Montpelier with a collection of folksongs and Vermont songs. Free admission.
- Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 7:30pm, Vermont Statehouse, Montpelier
Brahms and Beethoven: Romani and Scottish Songs
“We’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet, for auld lang syne!”
Three of Vermont’s finest classical instrumentalists join the singers of Counterpoint for this fascinating crossing of folk traditions and classical music: Johannes Brahms’s passionate Zigeunerlieder and a collection of Ludwig van Beethoven’s settings of Scottish folksongs, plus piano trio movements by Fanny Hensel and Clara Schumann.
- April 28, 2024 – St Paul’s Episcopal Cathedral, Burlington
- July 14, 2024 – Old Parish Church, Weston
- July 20, 2024 – The Sembrich, Bolton Landing NY
- July 21, 2024 – The Chandler, Randolph
- More venues and dates coming soon!